Our Tiramisu breakfast bowl is a twist on the healthy yet pretty bland overnight oats. Overnight oats to be frank are just a form of cold porridge, but our version gives it a delicious tiramisu taste. This is an easy tiramisu recipe with a creamy yogurt topping and a flavor of your favorite coffee. It has a balanced sweetness and is full of nutrients, fiber, and vitamins. Our authentic tiramisu recipe for breakfast bowl makes your bland oatmeal taste yummy, and creamier. It comes with a range of toppings, and is delicious and much healthier too.
We consider it the best tiramisu recipe for a breakfast bowl as you can have so many variations based on your dietary preferences. You can substitute dairy milk with plant-based milk, use instant coffee or espresso, and mascarpone cheese with yogurt or nut butter. And the best thing is, you prepare its base in advance and store it for a couple of days to extend your deliciously delightful breakfast experience.
Ingredients for Oat Mixture Base
1 cup rolled oats *
1 tablespoon Edible Seed Mix (De-husked or grounded) #
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons maple or agave Syrup or honey
½ to 1 cup of milk of any kind (Dairy, almond, or oat milk)
½ cup Brewed and cooled OkCaramel's Creamy Caramel Instant Coffee
½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
A pinch of salt to balance the flavors
* Can substitute rolled oats with steel-cut oats. But do not use instant oats as they will turn this easy tiramisu recipe into a much mushier one.
# Use more percentage of flaxseed and chia seeds for creating a more gelatin-like texture.
+ ½ cup of milk is sufficient. The rest is to balance the thickness and texture of this authentic tiramisu recipe breakfast bowl.
Ingredients for Layers
1 cup yogurt *
2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese #
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon maple or agave syrup or honey
1 teaspoon cocoa powder for dusting
Chocolate chips/diced fruits/berries for toppings
* Preferably Greek yogurt for this authentic tiramisu recipe breakfast bowl. If not available then use vanilla or any other flavored yogurt of your choice.
# Any nut butter of your choice will work if mascarpone cheese is not available for this easy tiramisu recipe breakfast bowl.
Instructions for Preparing Oat Mixture
- In a bowl add rolled oats, seed mix, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Next pour milk, syrup, vanilla essence and cold brewed coffee and whisk well for a couple of minutes.
- Sample the mixture to adjust the sweetness and then cover the bowl with a lid.
- Place the bowl in the fridge overnight or for at least 5-6 hours.
Instructions for Preparing the Topping
- Mix the yogurt, mascarpone cheese, syrup, and vanilla essence in a bowl and whisk it well.
- If required, adjust the thickness by adding extra yogurt and milk.
Instructions for Preparing the Best Tiramisu Recipe Breakfast Bowl
- Take the refrigerated oat mix bowl out of the fridge.
- Take 2 wide-brimmed glasses or jars and add 2 tablespoons each of the oat mixture in them and smooth out the layer.
- Now add 1 tablespoon each of yogurt and cheese mixes on top of the above-mentioned layers and smooth them out.
- Next, add a bit of chocolate chips/diced berries/fruits uniformly on top along with a light dusting of cocoa powder.
- Repeat the process till the glasses are nearly full.
- Dust again with cocoa powder and serve immediately.