Vietnamese coconut coffee also called Cafe Cot Dua is a variation of coffee with a liberal serving of coconut milk and cream. Vietnamese coffee recipe originated in the same named country and has amassed die-hard fans all over the world. Coconut milk is a staple in Vietnamese cuisine and unsurprisingly has made its way to coffee preparations as well, and for a good reason too. The creaminess of coconut milk balances the acidity of coffee to create a delicious and refreshing beverage. Vietnamese coconut coffee has a rich and velvety texture and can be enjoyed hot or cold. Here we are sharing a hot Vietnamese coffee recipe that can be prepared quickly in under 15 minutes with any coffee flavor of your choice. Though, we are partial to OK Caramel's Creamy Caramel and French Vanilla flavors that complement and enhance the experience of hot coconut coffee.
Ingredients for Hot Vietnamese Coconut Coffee – 2 Medium Cups
5 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon whole milk
4 tablespoon coconut milk
6 tablespoon coconut cream*
*(To source coconut cream, put cans of coconut milk in the fridge for an hour. Then open them and scoop the creamy layer from the top.)
2 tablespoons OK Caramel instant coffee of your choice
Dried coconut shavings and cocoa powder for garnishing
1 ½ cup water
1 teaspoon granulated brown sugar
Instructions for Vietnamese Coffee Recipe
- In a small bowl, pour coconut milk and cream, along with whole milk, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix and whisk well till the concoction has a uniform consistency.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of OK Caramel's coffee into boiling water and mix well.
- Froth the brew till a thin foamy layer is formed and then pour it equally into two medium-sized cups.
- Now pour the coconut milk and cream mixture over these two cups and stir them together.
- Add coconut shavings as garnishing on top. For a more chocolaty and astringent taste, dust the coconut coffee with a slight sprinkling of cocoa powder.
- Serve the coconut coffee accompanied with delicious chocolate chip cookies from OK Caramel.
Here we have shared the Vietnamese coffee recipe that is prepared hot. You can also create a cold coconut coffee version by cooling the coffee mixture and adding ice cubes to it. This version of coconut coffee also tastes divine and will be your go-to beverage on hot summer days.