Gingerbread Latte is a sweet, and spicy drink that tingles your senses with a hint of spice and satiates you with its creamy sweetness. The Gingerbread latte is the perfect drink for winter as it has the spicy warmth of ginger, but its iced version works well in summer too. And it's sort of healthy as it contains spices like ginger along with molasses, the healthier form of sugar. Hmm, we think it's enough of a build-up, so now let's now move ahead quickly to the gingerbread latte recipe part. It is an easy-to-make and quick-to-prepare drink that during these winters will warm the cockles of your heart. And not to forget, during summers, just the addition of ice will make for an "icy hot" chilled-out drink, that will win you, admirers, far and beyond.
Ingredients for 2 full cups of Gingerbread Latte
½ mug of water
3-4 teaspoons of OK Caramel instant coffee*
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon Jamaica pepper
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon of brown sugar (if required)
1 ½ cups milk of your choice#
¼ cup whipped cream for topping
* For the Gingerbread latte we favor French Vanilla, Original Instant, and Creamy Caramel flavors from OK Caramel, but any of the flavor from OK Caramel works and is equally welcome. If you want a strong experience, go for 4 teaspoons of OK Caramel's instant coffee, for mild flavors, 2-3 teaspoons will suffice.
# You can use full-fat, skimmed milk, or milk alternatives of your choice like almond, soy, coconut, or oat milk. We do not discriminate, we love all kinds of milk, and for that matter, all kinds of creamers and milk substitutes too.
Instructions for Preparing Gingerbread Latte
- Heat the water in a saucepan and add OK Caramel's instant coffee of your choice and mix it well.
- Pour it into a large mug and add all the spices along with molasses and maple syrup. There is no need to add sugar as the sweetness from molasses and maple syrup will suffice. But if you have a sweet tooth, then a teaspoon of brown sugar will do the trick.
- Next, whisk well, till the spices, coffee, syrup, and molasses are fully combined.
- Divide this concoction equally into two separate coffee mugs.
- Next, steam the milk in a pan and then froth it with a milk frother. If
you do not have a frother then pour the milk into a heat-safe lidded jar, and then shake away till you get the required foamy elixir.
- Pour this frothy elixir into the 2 mugs with coffee concoction and garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- For the extra effort, get a gingerbread cookie, crush it on the gingerbread lattes, and savor the rest.
- For a summer-appropriate gingerbread latte version, just add ice, we repeat, lots of ice, and lest we remind you, a cool summer outfit to go with it.
- And not to forget, have a gingerbread cookie, and any other cookie and even an ice cream for that matter, while you are savoring your gingerbread latte.