Iced macchiato is a favorite drink of millennial coffee lovers as it is strong, sweet, creamy, refreshingly cold, and absolutely delicious. The addition of chocolate balls gives it a more chocolatey flavor and a satisfying crunch in between the sips. And iced macchiato recipe is easy to prepare at home with the same layered profile that the baristas conjure up and we so envy. So, without wasting your precious time, let's explore our take on preparing this fun, easy, and perfectly enjoyable brew below.
Ingredients for Iced Caramel Macchiato- 2 Medium Cups
60 ml Vanilla Syrup *
A cup of fresh water
4 teaspoons of OkCaramel's instant Creamy Caramel coffee
Large and fresh ice cubes
1 tea cup cold or chilled milk of your choice #
60 ml caramel sauce
Maltesers, Whoppers, or any other pack of chocolate balls +
* You can use cinnamon syrup and even chocolate syrup to create a different variation of an iced macchiato recipe.
# You can also use plant based alternatives like almond, oat, or coconut milk instead of dairy milk.
+ You can also use flavored tapioca balls instead of Malteser chocolate balls to create boba iced macchiato.
Instructions to Prepare Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Pour the water into a pan and add 4 teaspoons of OkCaramel instant Creamy Caramel coffee in it.
- Boil it at slow heat until the concoction comes down to 60 ml. Your instant coffee espresso is ready now.
- Allow the espresso to cool. You can also put it in a freezer to hurry the cooling process.
- Pour chilled milk and vanilla/cinnamon syrup into a glass jar or a measuring cup. Whisk well so they are thoroughly combined.
- Take 2 tall glasses and drizzle them with a bit of caramel syrup.
- Next, add ice cubes to the glasses till they are nearly half-full, and then pour vanilla syrup and milk mixture into the glasses.
- Now, slowly pour the chilled espresso shots and next drizzle the rest of the caramel sauce over the top.
- Open the pack of chocolate balls (Malteser or any other variety available) and add to the brew till it's nearly full but ensure the drinks do not overflow.
- Take some pics to showcase these perfectly layered iced caramel macchiato drinks and post them to Instagram. Be quick about it so that the ice does not melt in the meantime.
- Stir, and serve immediately and graciously accept the compliments that flow your way.
Due to the addition of Malteser chocolate balls our iced caramel macchiato recipe is a deliciously satiating and refreshing drink that will quench your hunger pangs. But if you still want something to nibble at, then have this iced macchiato brew with a slice of red velvet cake or delectable and crunchy chocolate chip cookies from OkCaramel.